The Rise Of Convenience: On-Demand Fuel Delivery In India
With the service industry growing by leaps and bounds because of its ease of use and convenience, this industry has become an inseparable part of the common man’s lifestyle.
It’s an era where on demand delivery services are doing great rounds and has proven to be relieving – especially now when our current situation has drastically limited our physical presence. Do you agree? You silently have.
Now, with the millions of food delivery apps, grocery apps and apps for travelling in the city making our daily life convenient, why wouldn’t one want an essential doorstep fuel/diesel delivery service that would cater to one’s fuel needs.
Fuel On Demand Apps
With fossilized fuel playing a major contributor for the growth of the economies of the world, fuel on demand apps becomes increasingly lucrative. For example, for farmers in far flung areas in the country, it makes little sense for them to travel miles to the nearest fuel stations and fill their jerry cans to refuel their diesel generator set, when the fuel can come directly to their doorstep.
However, with the rising scope, there comes the good and the challenging parts of fuel services that are on demand. We have listed some of them -
- Saves Costs: Consumers can now save big bucks on diesel acquisition and consumption.The shift from traditional methods of acquisition will mean reduced manpower, zero pilferage, zero wastage, no over- billing, quality and quantity assurance thanks to technology that only unlocks the mobile dispensers at the destination. With no additional infrastructure required for bulk storage, consumers could stand to save up to 50% on diesel costs.
As for diesel delivery service providers, one-time investment in specialized vehicles and sophisticated software to monitor and analyze fuel loading and delivery will help prevent pilferage and help maintain the purity of the fuel.
- Quality and Quantity: With the best vendors listed on the app, the customer is assured of reliable, high - quality and quantity fuel that he demands. And, technology protocols like geo-fencing and digital billing ensure that there is no pilferage and that the customer only pays for what he gets.
- Safe: Safety is a key advantage of engaging with diesel delivery services. Diesel is transported in safety compliant bowsers that are fire resistant. The crew handling the delivery of fuel are professionally trained to handle challenging situations.
- 24/7 Delivery Service: On-demand delivery of diesel takes convenience to a whole new level. Consumers can now avail services, anytime, anywhere and avoid investing in storage facilities. Quick delivery times ensure ease and hassle-free process of fuel acquisition.
- Reduced Carbon Footprints: This service also allows reduction of carbon emissions, through less trips to the local fuel stations.
While consumers stand to benefit greatly, app-based diesel delivery service providers must ensure these challenges are addressed to provide high-quality fuel delivery.
- 1. High quality infrastructure: App providers are required to invest in a fleet of specialized vehicles, trained crew along with high maintenance costs. Bowsers that are fabricated as per PESO standards are a must.
- 2. Robust IT Infrastructure: Online fuel delivery apps require sound IT infrastructure that supports your fleet of vehicles, end user requests and a delivery operation. The bug-free technology must be easily accessible to users, provide a simple UI experience and be able to capture important and relevant data.
- 3. Reporting Analysis: Reporting and analysis are key components of delivery apps. Smart systems that help gauge diesel levels, enable geo-fenced delivery to prevent leakages and pilferage, as well as activate alarms when triggered, will provide valuable insights for efficient day-to-day functioning.
- 4. Unauthorized channels of delivery: Care must be taken to source fuel from authorized channels only. It will be tempting for fraudsters to make a quick buck to supply adulterated fuel at considerably lower prices not considering the incalculable damage it does to vehicles and machinery. Delivery logistics are also compromised by skipping safety norms. Consumers must ensure that they only choose legal delivery service providers.
- 5. Regulatory Approvals: It is vital for App providers to comply with government regulation and standardization so that customers and vendors are assured of hassle-free transactions and to also avoid future legal hassles.
There are many safety related challenges the fuel on-demand app must overcome as the government is careful to not give its approval unless certain compliances are met. On demand delivery apps need to get their clearances and approval by the authorities to ensure they comply with statutory requirements before operations commence.
On-demand fuel delivery started off as a novelty and quickly gained popularity. Now diesel delivery services are available in major cities across the country and is seeing a positive spike in expansion to more areas. Once regulation becomes standardized there will be an explosion of on-demand fuel service due to its convenience and better utilization of scarce resources. Not to forget the immense value for time and money, the customers stand to gain.