- Download and Registration When you download an application you are requested to register with us. For registration through Humsafar, you are required to provide your details, etc including personally identifiable information.
- Address Book If you are not already a user of the Service when you first install an application on your device, you are invited to register with Humsafar and as part of this initial registration, you will be asked to allow us access to your address book. If you consent, we will have access to contact information in your address book on the devices you use for the Service (names, numbers, emails, and Facebook ID, but no notes or other personally identifiable information) and we will store it on our servers and use it to improve the Service and help you use the Service. If you do not want Humsafar to store this information, you may opt-out at any time through your account settings in the Humsafar mobile app, or in your device’s privacy settings, in which case we will delete that information from our servers. However, in this case, we may not be able to offer some of the features that require this information.
- Location Information We may request access to your current location – provided by your mobile device using GPS or similar technologies – so that we can provide content that is more suitable to your location. You are free to accept or block access to your location information. You can switch off access to your location at any time through your account settings or your device settings menu.
- Profile Information We collect and store certain profile information including your name, phone number, email address, picture, country of residence, and preferences.
- Usage Information We may collect and store information about your usage of, and interaction with, the Service and Third Party transactions including calls, messages, posts, usage of the Service by geographies, device and connection information (such as MAC address), IP address, device capability, bandwidth.
- Advertisements When we serve an advertisement to your device, we collect information about your interaction with this advertisement to help us evaluate the performance of the advertisement that we show, such as whether you clicked on it, or installed the advertised product. The third parties that serve these advertisements may also collect other information about your interaction with an advertisement. This collection and the subsequent use of this information by these third parties is subject to these third parties' privacy policies over which Humsafar has no control.
- Shared Text, Photos, Videos, and Other Communications The Service allows you to share text messages, photos, videos, and other communications with other users, and if you choose to share your text messages, photos, videos, and other communications, such items will be stored on our servers. Also, if you choose to share these items with other Service users, we may not be able to remove them from our servers or make them unavailable to anyone you have shared them with. Sending text messages, photos, videos, or other communications through the Service is your decision. By choosing to share that information, you should understand that you may no longer be able to control how that information is used and that it may become publicly available (depending in part on your actions or the actions of others with whom you have shared the information). Humsafar is not responsible for any use or misuse of the information you share with other users or service providers.
- Device and Log Information If you use our Service, we collect information about your device and browser. This may include device information (the type of device, operating system version, unique device identifier, browser type, and version, mobile network information) or log information (IP address, MAC address, screen resolution, and referring domain).
Use of Information
- Provide, improve, and develop our Services. We use the information we have to deliver and enhance our Services, personalize content, and make suggestions to you.
- Communicate with you. The information we collect lets us keep you posted on Humsafar’s latest product announcements, software updates, upcoming events, and any messages you have been waiting on Humsafar if you haven’t been active for a while. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt-out anytime by updating your preferences.
- Show and measure ads and Services. We use the information to improve our advertising and measurement systems so that we can show your relevant ads on our Services and measure the effectiveness and reach of the ads and services. Learn more about how to control information about you that is used to personalize the ads here.
- Our service providers. This app also provides a social platform to its users where they have sophisticated chat facilities, listing, and promotional offers from the relevant merchant categories as per your preferences. The use of such information by our service providers is limited to the information concerning your preferences they need to provide services and not your personal information. We also use aggregated non-personal user data to analyze information for providing better services.
- To protect Humsafar and its users, or for legal purposes. We may disclose your information:
- If we think it’s needed to detect, prevent or address illegal activity on our Services, or identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who appears to be causing injury to or interfering with our rights or property or other users.
- When we believe that disclosure is required or permitted by law, including when responding to subpoenas, warrants, production orders, or similar instruments; or
- If we believe that disclosure is needed to protect your safety or the safety of others, including when there is an emergency involving potential harm, loss of security, or serious injury to people or threats of such emergencies Security of Personal Information We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have implemented commercially reasonable physical, managerial, operational, and technical security measures to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration and to preserve the security of the Personally Identifiable Information in our care. Our security practices and procedures limit access to personal information on a need to know basis only. Such measures may include, where appropriate, the use of firewalls, secure server facilities, implementing proper access rights management systems and processes, careful selection of processors, standard authentication and encryption policies for our servers and other technically and commercially reasonable measures. However, Humsafar cannot guarantee in any way concerning any Personally Identifiable Information or Contents that you upload transmit, share or display through the Application or the Site and You do so at Your own risk. Using unsecured or other unprotected networks to send messages and use of other features through the Humsafar application is not recommended.
The Application can also be downloaded from third-party application stores including Google Play Store and iTunes Store. You agree to comply with all third party privacy policies, if any, applicable to the use of the Application or related services. Humsafar shall not be responsible for your use of any third-party product and or service including the terms and conditions of such third-party product and or service and or violation and infringement of any third party rights, policies, terms, and conditions in connection with access, download or installation of the Application.